It’s ice cream month, and to mark the event why not do this completely scrumptious vanilla pod ice cream from Bettys. It’s a basic, and an ideal recipe to have in your repertoire.
Makes a 1-liter mixture of Vanilla Pod Ice Cream.
1 vanilla pod
2 free-range eggs
185g caster sugar
500ml double cream
250ml entire milk
- Cut up your vanilla pod in half and scrape the seeds out.
- Add the pod to a thick-bottomed pan, add the milk and cream and produce to a mild simmer.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla seeds collectively, then pour the recent cream combination on high, whisking constantly.
- Enable to chill, then place lined within the fridge and permit to face for twenty-four hours.
- Take away the vanilla pod then pour into an ice cream machine and churn for 45 minutes till thick and creamy.
- Switch to a freezer-proof plastic tub and canopy. This combine will hold for as much as a month within the freezer.